Monday, February 15, 2010

Crutches Aren't Fun

I know I owe you all a post containing the details of my date with Tybalt. But right now I'm more in the mood to feel sorry for myself, so that will have to wait.

I have a sprained ankle because some fucking kid cut me off at the rink and I tried to dodge her. Changing direction mid-crossover is NOT easy. Well, unless you're a professional skater. I'm not.

All the fucking kids who don't know how to skate should stay the fuck off the rink. (Obviously, my friends are an exception to this rule)


Now I'm on crutches for just shy of a week (depending how I feel) and I'm basically not supposed to do much for a while. It's not really the pain that bothers me - I've broken bones multiple times before, so while it hurts like fuck it's all in perspective. I can handle that. It's more the fact I can't DO things. And its my ANKLE. Hello, RUNNER HERE. The last think I needed was ANOTHER leg/foot related injury. This was why I DIDNT do indoor, so I could heal for outdoor.

Not that I didn't expect something to happen. Usually whenever I have a really really good day the next day is shit. Karma likes to average things out. And besides, I'm always sick during break, and I wasn't sick. So I knew SOMETHING was going to happen. Not that it stopped me from having a life.


UGH.




Fucking kids. Someone remind me I thought it would be a good idea not to just take out the kid??

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD!!!!

    grr...stupid kid. should be chased down and run out of town. how dare she!?!?!! does she not realize that who the great kathrya is?!!??!

    on another note, i hope you feel better, your ankle heals, and maybe tybalt will make you feel better *wink wink, nudge nudge*

    OH, can you still (probably not if you're on crutches) come to the mall with me and avon??

    ReplyDelete