Friday, January 29, 2010

Pretty and Shiney

I think that someone really needs to keep me out of Silver Ribbon. I mean, seriously. I go in there and end up taking to the workers for like a half hour and get very distracted by all the glittery shiny things all over the place. I am now minus my Christmas money and up one present for a friend in the grade below us who is having a sweet sixteen tomorrow. Although I suppose I'll be in there less after all the sweet sixteens are over; that's the year that society feels people deserve a big present. I mean, it IS sixteen. I don't know what I would do without the store since you're supposed to give more expensive presents and it is instrumental in keeping me from breaking the bank. Besides, for what they carry, Silver Ribbon is cheap. The stuff targeted for our age is nice and doesn't cost an arm and a leg - totally different from the shitty jewelry you find at, say, Forever 21 that isn't actually worth much, is really ugly, and yet still costs about the same. Not to say everything is cheap; the really fancy stuff targeted for people who are either much or slightly older than teenage years tend to be more expensive.

But I digress, she doesn't know about this blog and I feel the need to share: I got her these killer glass bead earrings that are like greenish and blackish which I think will really go with her, I looked at them and thought of her so I figured they'd be pretty damn good.



And then, of course, I hurried out before the pretty and shiney could lay hold to me completely and imprison me there for good.

1 comment:

  1. PRETTYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

    i love shiny things!!! yeah, it's kinda ridiculous how expensive ugly jewlery are. it's like just because it's a name brand, they can charge an enormous price. whatever, i don't buy jewlery so it doesn't really affect me...

    happy sweet sixteen to your friend who i probably do not know!!

    ReplyDelete