Sunday, January 31, 2010

West Side Story

Well, I'm back and exhausted. :) But it was SOOOO FUN. We spent like three hours in the restaurant (three courses of Italian, I'm all for it) and then walked down to Broadway. Which was fun, but FREEZING. I kept expecting to look down and realize that my toes had frostbite all over them - and honestly, they probably would have if it weren't for the fact that we kept going into random stores every block or two in order to warm up.

Anyway, we finally got to the theatre and West Side Story started. And Ohhhh MY GAWD. Why were they even wearing cloths??? How many ways can you say an incredibly hot mostly-male cast. UGH it was beautiful. I spent most of the time staring at the guy who played Bernardio who was one hell of a hottie: George Akram. Only his character dies at the end of the first act, which lead to a tragic intermission filled with me bitching about how now who was I supposed to stare at since the hottest actor was off of the stage.

Fortunately, Tony (Matthew Hydzik) was also pretty damn hot and provided plenty of eye-candy. He was the only person to be shirtless during the play, and eightpack. I think I have concluded I need to marry someone on Broadway because those boys are riiiiiiiiiiiiiiipped and good looking.




Anyway, when I got back to her house it was 12:00. And what do you do at 12:00? OBVIOUSLY you go and visit Tybalt. Which I did. To be fair, Wah (who had the party) is his neighbor so it wasn't really sketchy. Although while we were chatting downstairs Bryant walked in and was fairly confused. (But mostly miffed I hadn't told him I was coming.... but I did think he was asleep. Ah well.)

Anyway, we chatted for like a half hour about counties and Tybalt explained how he totally thinks Bunnie likes him cause she was all over him during it. But he "didn't really want to do anything about it." we then discussed prom and then I left to go to the friend's house I was staying at for the night since I kind of couldn't go home considering it was several hours past my own curfew AND legal curfew. My B.



However, all this pales under the fact that George Akram is the hottest thing to hit Broadway.

3 comments:

  1. wait, did bunnie like tybalt or bryant last year?? i'm getting confused. either way, it's still creepyyyy to like two brothers, especially if they're twins!!

    haha, i'm glad you had a good time in new york :) you deserve a day off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this has nothing on Mario, who was debating transferring his affections to Scarlett's little sister after she graduated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mario = creepy unfulfilled pussyfoot tarantula. I'm going to start a petition to add it to Webster's Dictionary, 2011 Edition.

    Additionally, Kathrya, I'm glad you've got your priorities straight. Hot actor boys are immeasurably more important than sweet sixteens or crashing someone's house at midnight to have a heart to heart about Bunnie and terrify Bryant in the process. Much, much, much more important.

    ReplyDelete