Sunday, November 29, 2009

Don't make me swine all over you!

Really, Don't. It's a pretty good threat, even though I haven't been contagious for somewhere in the realm of a week and a half according to my doctor (you can infect people way before your symptoms show up, but pretty much once you feel sick people can't catch it. It's the damnedest thing.). I found out today when skating that perhaps I'm not as well as I thought I was, considering about 5 minutes of exercise exhausts me thoroughly - not that it stopped me from skating for two hours. It's just now left me utterly useless to so much as stand up. I, however, will be brave and sleep on it and show up at school tomorrow (mainly due to my lack of a choice). It's somewhat sad since track starts tomorrow, and I won't be there. I will be home. Making up work and swine-ing all over the place (yes swine is now a verb).

Actually, this will probably end up knocking me out of the season since, me knowing me, I won't actually be capable of completing a track workout until I've completely kicked the flu (it pretty much zaps all muscle strength and endurance to the point where I am unsure how I am surviving gym tomorrow) and by then it will probably be next week or the week after. At which point I might not even do track. Or, yet again me being me, I might within the next twelve hours suddenly get all my forms together and be at practice on the morrow. Although it would be nice to take the winter off, which I wanted to do anyway. I wasn't going to do indoor period the end, but then friends talked me into it and my family just spent the last four days talking me back out of it. I do have legitimate concerns: I hate this season and only run one event, my knees and everything are going and I need time to heal, I will be skating regardless so it's not like I will be totally out of shape, and for at least the present I'm swine-ing to the point where two hours on the rink takes everything out of me as opposed to last year when it took a good three to four. I'm really just horribly afraid I will let down my friends. But I sooooo don't want to do indoor.

Ah well, I shall sit around and waver for a while and feel horribly guilty about not doing it, but for now I physically can't, we'll see about later (and besides I have about three years of work to make up from last week thank you Anatomy and Physiology).

Also Tybalt. Me. Dating. Only, NOT AT ALL. I thought I should say this definitively as I just endured hints from my very much adored best friend Racheal that we are. No, we're just strangely good friends for a male and a female. No extracurriculars, apologies. :) He's cute, but I think I would prefer to hug something that I don't feel like I could snap in half. (Yea, his hugs suck. Same with his brother's. They really need to have more female friends and be less awkward so they could have a chance to learn to give good hugs. Ah well.)

Also, I reallyreallyreallyreally have a mad need to see everyone in that math class. I miss not seeing you right after class everyday :C I'll be there to pick Tea and Gretchen up tomorrow! Goodie!

2 comments:

  1. haha did you notice that when we cookie-crashed (this is now a verb too) i forced them both to give me goodbye hugs? i thought they needed the practice =)

    also, i am very happy that you are over your swine, even if you are still suffering the effects of swining around. and my advice is to do what you want to do, not what your friends tell you to do!! (except, of course, me.) love you and can't wait to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh em gee! Seriously, if you're swining still (and that was a verb before you decided it was), no need to do indoor. Indoor sucks. I'm so out of shape after being in VT since Wednesday in the rain and cold sitting inside, and practice is going to suck. Be HAPPY you don't have to go and listen to a certain coach (I can't think of a good nickname at the moment) rant about nothing.

    ReplyDelete