Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Kentucky Fried Chicken and a Pizza Hut

Hullo. :)
I would assume several of you have at least somewhat contemplated the various possible reasons for the lack of updates considering this is break. Well, that's quite easy : the only friggin computer in the house that works that I can use is my mother's laptop. She doesn't really believe in wasting time on the internet, a sentiment that I rather approve of since it generally entails going to the barn and having fun with the horses instead of wasting away at home.
I'm rather a fan.

This, of course, leaves me with yet another horribly long post in which I catch up on, well, life.
I'm down a much warmer region of the country, which I totally approve of as instead of the usual bundling slash freezing my ass off, I'm wandering around in a short sleeved shirt and feeling rather warm, thank you very much. It's really quite nice :D The horses are cute and cuddly and adorable, and I'm riding both of them (and a tad saddle sore too) and we're going to see Avatar in 3-D at four today. It's my christmas present to my mother and brother as both of them want to see it. I went and saw it with never-single-sophomore, jackie, and platinum and it was sooo sooo sooo good. (I think I might have written about this, but I don't really happen to recall, so oh well.) Anyway, let me try to remember the day before I left and the day I left, since those would be the starting point for making up on forgotten posts.

Hmm, well that entails Christmas day during which I did a fat lot of nothing with the fam, and then escaped at about 6:30 to "go to jackie's house" which was really me sneaking up to go and see Ginger, her family, Columbus, and his girlfriend. (My father and Columbus are currently not on speaking terms, so I had to sneak him up his presents/cards/everything I could. I'm working on sneaking up the rest of them when I return.) I hung out with them until like nine and had a marvelous time (gosh I miss them when they're not around :( ) and then went to Tybalt's house. He made cookies *without* burning down his house or blowing up significant parts of the town. I know, it's a real shocker! So I stopped by at like 9:30ish to sample a cookie (a bit overcooked, too much salt but not too bad) and then we hung out in his living room watching 40-Year-Old-Virgin together before I had to leave.

It wasn't really awkward at all, although I felt a bit odd since none of his family knew I was there, and as far as I know they still don't know. At least his mom didn't wake up. She tends to assume the worst about situations and I would not have wanted to explain to her what I, some random girl in pajamas, was doing with Tybalt in a living room, alone, at night. Yea. That could have been awkward. How many ways can you draw the wrong conclusion lady.

Anyway, the next day was just travel, travel, and more travel. LGA lost our baggage, obnoxiously enough, but we got it the next day and went to wal-mart for pajamas, so it was fine. Which reminds me, someone took a white stretch limo to go to walmart. kinda confused as to WHY you would do that, but oh well, whatever.

And since then it's been the usual of what happens down here: lots of reading, working on anatomy/chemistry/supposed to be working on culinary, riding every day, sleep, movies at home, lots and lots of good food.... the general stuff. :)

I'll get the next update here as soon as I can, but I never know with down here. Love you all!



on, and Tybalt passed his license test this morning. all he needs now is the written. i thought I would mention this.

5 comments:

  1. well congrats to tybalt for passing his driving test and learning how to make cookies. i have yet to do either of those...

    so jealous of you kathrya!! i can't believe you're warm!!! there was 45 mph winds yesterday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second everything that Gretchen said. And I miss you, and at least you're getting work done. And ooooh, tybalt is such a bad kid, sneaking girls into the house *finger waggle*

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh, slight grammatical error. If he repeatedly sneaks in Kathrya, is that still just girl? Because I have a slight felling that this'll happen again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PSH i'm cool enough I can count as multiple people. you can't hold this much awesome in one body ;D

    ReplyDelete